I Can Support You To:
- Overcome anxiety and depression
- Find meaning and to recover from recent losses- be that a loved one, job , financial loss or even losing a pet
- Renew flagging energy and lack of motivation
- Support you to make better lifestyle choices to feel better about things
- Support and help you through life changes which brings a greater flow in your life
The Skills That Make Me Effective In What I Do :
- I'm a very good listener- just having someone willing to really just listen to what is happening to you can be a precious experience in itself. How many people in your day to day life really listen?
- I'm constantly updating and researching in my areas of particular interest- the application of naturopathic principles in the area of stress and mental health, yoga and counselling.
- I'm genuinely interested in getting to know you- I really enjoy being with people and I've been told that I'm very easy to talk to.
- Everything that we discuss is absolutely confidential.
- Rather than using the same approach with everyone, which some therapies can do, the support you receive is very much tailored towards what will have the most impact and support for you.
To help you figure out if I can help, you might be dealing with any of the following situations:
- Mood disorders
- Social phobias
- Performance anxiety
- Disordered eating
- Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- Grief & loss
- Poor self esteem and lack of confidence
- The emotional upset that often comes with a major life threatening health crisis such as cancer, heart problems and stress related conditions
You may have already received help in these areas, but you might be looking for a fresh perspective or a deeper understanding of what might might be happening. I can help you with this.
How we work together is very dependant on what you want to achieve and what feels the most appropriate for where you are when we connect.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga- Available at Varsity Lakes
I also have a specific interest in how the body remembers and deals with the traumatic events that might happen in life. In conjunction with my main Yoga training, I have also completed the Trauma Sensitive Teacher Training Program that is endorsed by the Boston based, Justice Resource Institute, established by Bessel van der Kolk and David Emmerson. I am available to run trauma aware programs within your Community or Government based organisation- if you think this is something you might want to explore then contact me at the clinic or email me for further information. All yoga classes I run automatically incorporate the principles of Trauma Aware Yoga.
Qualifications and Professional Association Membership
I am a Clinical Member , Mental Health Practitioner and Accredited Supervisor with PACFA, as well as a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society. I am a recognised provider of Counselling services with Australian Unity, BUPA and Medibank Private Health Funds. I have qualifications in Counselling, Psychotherapy, Naturopathy and Yoga. I have been in practise for over 24 years. I am a facilitator with the Blue Knot Foundation- an organisation committed to advocating for survivors of childhood abuse.
I really look forward to meeting you.
B.Bus (UQ), Master of Commerce (UNSW), ND, Grad Dip Counselling (ACAP), Diploma in Somatic Psychotherapy (ACCSP), Master of Counselling (UNE), Diploma in Dru Yoga, Certificate in Trauma Sensitive Yoga (Boston-JRI).