Counselling Skype Sessions
- Too far away from the Gold Coast?
- Not able to get to the clinic at a time that suits you?
You might want to consider booking a Skype counselling session with me. This is becoming more frequently used to support people who are in remote situations get the support and counsel that they deserve. It's not the same as sitting in the same room together, however more and more people are finding Skype counselling sessions are a good way of getting support that they would otherwise not have access to.
It's all very simple- you just need to download Skype onto your session (this is FREE!). You also need to have a sound card and video camera.
How Do I Organise a Skype Session?
We book an appointment either via email or the phone and then I contact you via Skype at the appointment time. Payment is in the first instance via credit card- for established clients you also have the option of internet transfer for payment. At this stage, no other form of payment is supported. Payment is required at the completion of the Skype session.
Some tips to make your skype session as useful as possible:
- Make sure that your Skype session is somewhere private where you will not be disturbed
- Ensure that you can close the door so that friends, family and children won't disturb you
- Have a glass of water or cup of tea or coffee handy- you may as well be comfortable
Skype sessions are best suited to the following type of support
- If your feeling anxious or upset and you feel you need to talk
- There may be a specific one off problem that you want to talk about
- Not sure of what support and services may be available to you in your area- I can help you tap into these
- Having problems sleeping
- Finding it a challenge to get motivated
- Confused and not sure what needs to happen next
Skype sessions are not a replacement for assistance you may already be receiving. They can be useful additional help when you need it. If you have a very distressing problem that feels very overwhelming you may be best contacting your GP in the initial instance for a face to face referral to a Mental Health Professional in your area. If you're not sure, we can have a quick no obligations talk about whether a Skype counselling session is suitable for you or not.
So you have nothing to lose but the problem itself. If you have any questions you can contact me anytime.