Counselling on the Gold Coast
"Most psychologists treat the mind as disembodied, a phenomenon with little or no connection to the physical body. Conversely physicians treat the body with no regard to the mind or the emotions. But the body and mind are not separate and we cannot treat one without the other. " Dr Candace Pert
I am a Gold Coast counsellor and somatic psychotherapist (body oriented psychotherapy) and yoga teacher, based at Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast. I work in a wholistic way with you encompassing all aspects of your health and wellbeing. I'm interested in hearing your story as well as working together to understand how your body might be hearing and experiencing your story. In working together we will explore both the body and mind aspects of your experience to support you to find a space that not only feels right in your body but also makes good sense to you as well. Working in this embodied wholistic way, life changes arise through a union of body and mind versus merely working on changing your thoughts to get you to a new place. If you have been to a counsellor before you might discover that the way we work together is a little different from experiences you've had in the past.
I am passionately interested in supporting you to:
- Overcome stress and anxiety in your life
- Get clear on what is and what isn't working in your life
- Understand the unique way in how you operate on a day to day basis
- You may be living with a long term problem. You might also be taking medication to support you with this. I can help and guide you to gain a fresh perspective on how you might be able to manage this situation so that it is less of a hassle for you.
- You may be in recovery of a trauma related condition, such as PTSD or complex trauma- this is a particular area in which I work using the latest strategies of somatic psychotherapy and counselling to support you to overcome the anxiety and distress of trauma recovery.
Alternatively you may be dealing with a recent problem such as the loss of a job, a loved one or those unexpected situations that come up in life. So if you are looking for answers and haven't found them, then give me a call. I look forward to meeting you.